ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Minerals for sale on this website are priced in US Dollars. If your method of payment is a card operating in a currency other than US Dollars, the card-issuing bank will set the final rate of exchange for your purchases.
We do our very best to ensure that the photographs on the website provide an accurate representation of our minerals, and we will always be straightforward about the condition of a specimen.
Having said that, we also recognize that no photograph can substitute for seeing the specimen in your hand and in your cabinet. Our policy therefore is that should you not be happy with the piece once you receive it you may return it for a full refund within 30 days of receipt. Details of the return policy are summarized below the description of payment options.
Payment for orders made through the website is accepted via Visa and Mastercard through our secure payment system.
We can also accept payment by bank transfer or personal check in US Dollars, but please note that items will only be shipped once payment has cleared. Please contact us to confirm if you wish to utilize one of these options.
For US domestic customers, Sales Tax will be applied at the New York rate of 8.125% unless the customer has a resale certificate. Tax payments will be nullified/refunded once proof has been provided.
International customers are not liable for US sales taxes, but are responsible for payment of all import or value-added taxes that may be imposed by their national authorities.
Shipping within the US is via insured US Priority Mail or FedEx. 2-Day delivery. Green Mountain Minerals covers the cost of outward postage unless the customer requests a service outwith those outlined (for example Express or Overnight).
All packages are shipped “signature required”. If a customer is not at point-of-delivery to receive the package and cannot collect it from the relevant facility it will be returned to Green Mountain Minerals. Customers will then be responsible for paying shipping fees to resend the item.
International shipping is handled via FedEx which allows for easier tracking, insurance and customs clearance and 2 to 7-day delivery.
All of our shipments are insured.
If the specimen was apparently damaged in transit please contact us immediately via phone or email, providing photographic evidence of the damage, ideally of the item in the packaging as it arrived.
When we are satisfied that the damage occurred in transit, we will ask that you return the item for a full refund.
Please return the specimen/all pieces of a broken specimen to Green Mountain Minerals with any labels and documentation, and the original packaging, insuring the item at the full value.
It is of utmost importance to Green Mountain Minerals that you are happy, nay delighted, with the specimens you obtain from us. Upon receipt of your purchase, therefore, you have a 30-day period to establish that it fills all the criteria to be a part of your collection.
If you are in any way unhappy and wish to return the specimen, please follow these steps, and you will receive a full refund within 30 days:
- Contact Green Mountain Minerals via Email within the 30 days of receipt of the specimen to inform us of your intent to return it. If we are not contacted within the thirty days, unfortunately, returns will not be accepted.
- For US domestic customers, the specimen shall be returned to us in its original condition within seven working days of you informing us that you do not wish to keep it.
- International customers may have a longer period for return by mutual agreement.
- Specimen(s) shall be individually wrapped using the original packing material, and any labels or documentation provided shall be returned with the specimen. There shall be at least 2cm of padding around each item, in its original specimen box.
- The specimen box(es) shall be placed in the original postage box if it is not damaged (or a new box if it was) with at least 4cm of padding between the specimen boxes and the sides of the postage box. There shall be no possibility of movement of either the specimen in its box or the specimen box(es) within the postage box.
- The customer shall be responsible for insuring the package for the full value of the specimen(s) being returned.
- For overseas customers the customs declaration shall make it clear that the specimen is being returned to its original owner in order for to avoid delays and the imposition of customs fees.
- The customer shall be responsible for all return costs.
- The specimen shall be returned to Green Mountain Minerals at: 412 Main Street, Beacon, NY 12508, USA